Department of Finance & Accounting
The Department of Finance & Accounting is committed to providing professional education that prepares students for a competitive and changing global business environment. The department’s mission involves combining theoretical education, direct application and proper business ethics that allow students to develop ideas into business projects. Our students carry a broad conceptual knowledge and technical expertise that enable them to occupy jobs in leading organizations worldwide.
The department offers programs in business administration with focus in accounting or finance. The finance program prepares students for careers in commercial and investment banking, financial management as well as asset and debt management. The accounting program prepares students for positions in bookkeeping, auditing, tax consulting and financial planning.
Both programs involve core business courses and a selection of other courses that determine the students’ focus. In addition, students are given the option to choose from a variety of business electives that fit their individual needs to prepare them for the careers they wish to pursue. .
News & Activities
- LAU Gains Recognition in International Internal Audit Event (Oct 11, 2016)
- The 2016 Inter-universities Finance Competition (Apr 20, 2016)
- Bankmed Online Trading Competition Concluded (May 23, 2016)
- Introduction to the World of Banks by Fransabank (Apr 01, 2016)
- Research Methodologies and Integrity in Business (Mar 03, 2016)