Dr. Zahy Ramadan
Zahy Ramadan is an assistant professor of marketing. He holds a Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) from Manchester Business School, an MBA and a BSc in Business Marketing with Distinction, both from LAU. His research is focused on social media saturation, brand-consumer relationships and shopper marketing.
Ramadan is also a Chartered Marketer (Chartered Institute of Marketing) and has 17 years of work experience covering the Near-East, Arabian Peninsula and Asia-Pacific markets across several industries, namely FMCG, luxury goods and consumer electronics. He has also conducted several workshops in Asia-Pacific, specifically China and South Korea, on shopper marketing, in-store retail fundamentals and SKU-mix strategy.
- Marketing Strategy
- Digital Marketing Management
- Marketing Communications
- Shopper Marketing
- Social Media Saturation
- Online Brand Communities Addiction
- Brand-Consumer Relationship
- Shopper Marketing
- Shoppers’ First Moment of Truth in Social Networking Environments
- Consulting workshops for a leading global pharmaceutical company on creating the in-pharmacy environment to Improve patient care in the Arab countries’ pharmacy channel (2016).
- Consulting for a leading regional FMCG company on the Route to Market Digital Strategy for the Omni-Channel Arab Shopper (2015).
- Development of a marketing activation plan for a regional telecom company (2015).
- Consulting project for ACDI/VOCA and USAID – Devising the Gulf market strategy and implementation for Lebanese exporters through the Lebanese Business linkage Initiative (2011)
- Acted as the global lead on consumer and shopper insight development for Samsung as well as being a category strategist and retail insights developer covering the Chinese market (2012-2013)
- Key consulting projects developed and delivered to Samsung, PepsiCo China, Mattel, and Wrigley (2012-2013)
Articles in Refereed Journals:
Ramadan, Z. & Farah, M.F. (2017). The advent of the ‘Social Moment of Truth’ in online communities. International Journal of Web Based Communities, 13(3).
Ramadan, Z. & Farah, M.F. (2017). The Pokémonisation of the first moment of truth. International Journal of Web Based Communities, 13(2).
Ramadan, Z., Farah, M.F. & Mrad, M. (2016). An Adapted TPB Approach to Consumers’ Acceptance of Service Delivery Drones. Technology Analysis & Strategic Management. doi:10.1080/09537325.2016.1242720
Chapters in Books:
Ramadan, Z. & Abosag, I. (2016). “Understanding Online Brand Relationships in Western Asia: The Case of Lebanon and Saudi Arabia”. In Melewar, T.C., Nguyen, B. and Schultz, D.E. (Eds), Asia Branding: Connecting Brands, Consumers and Companies. Palgrave Macmillan.
Abosag, I., Martin, F. & Ramadan, Z. (2016). “Social Media and Branding in Asia: Threats and Opportunities”, in Melewar, T.C, Nguyen, B. and Schultz, D.E. (Eds), Asia Branding: Connecting Brands, Consumers and Companies. Palgrave Macmillan.
In Refereed Conferences:
Ramadan, Z. & Abosag, I. (2016, April 27-29). The Co-Creation of Social Reputation; The Effect of Consumer – Social Networking Site’s Relationship on Socially Advertised Brands. Paper presented at the AM Brand, Identity and Corporate Reputation Special Interest Group (SIG) conference, Bradford, UK.
Ramadan, Z., Mrad, M. & Farah, M.F. (2015, October 28-31). A Contemporary Challenge in the Globalization of Service Technology; Moving from Self-Service Technologies to Drone-Delivery Interfaces.Paper presented at the EAMSA Theory and Practice in Bridging Europe and Asia: Contemporary Challenges in International Marketing, London, UK.
Ramadan, Z. & Abosag, I. (2015). From Community Addicts to Disengaged: The influence of Saturation on Consumer-Brand Relationship. Paper Presented at The AM Brand, Identity and Corporate Reputation Special Interest Group (SIG), Turku, Finland.
Ramadan, Z. & Abosag, I. (2014). Saturated Nation; Online Brand Communities’ Addiction & its Effect on Consumer-Brand Relationships. Paper presented at Brands and Brand Relationships 2014 Conference, Boston, US.
Ramadan, Z. & Abosag, I. (2013). Saturation versus more Saturation in Online Communities: The Effect on Brand-Consumer Relationship. In proceedings of The AM Brand, Corporate Identity and Reputation Special Interest Group (SIG), Porto, Portugal.
Ramadan, Z. & Abosag, I. (2012). Customers’ Satisfaction in online communities and its impact on brand-customer relationship. Paper presented In the 20th International Colloquium on Relationship Marketing (ICRM), Nottingham, United Kingdom.