Dr. Jamal Maalouf
Jamal Maalouf has joined the school as an assistant professor in the Department of Management Studies, starting Fall 2014. She has earned her PhD in Strategic Management and Entrepreneurship from the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, where she also has teaching experience. In addition, she holds an MBA and a Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Engineering from LAU, and had completed both degrees with high distinction.
She has been a member of the Academy of Management since 2010, of the Southern Management Association since 2011 and of the Mid-south Research Consortium from 2011 till 2014.
Dr. Maalouf is an official Affiliate with the Microeconomics of Competitiveness Network under the leadership of Professor Michael Porter in the Institute of Strategy and Competitiveness at Harvard Business School.
- Sources of strategic competitive advantage
- Enhancing firm performance
- Micro-foundations of Strategic Management
- Organizational Routines
- Strategic Alliances
- Entrepreneurial Orientation
- Lifetime member of the honor society of Phi Kappa Phi at the University of Alabama.
- Life-time member of the honor society of Beta Gamma Sigma at the University of Alabama
- Recipient of the Langston T. Hawley Management Graduate Award in recognition of academic and managerial excellence (University Of Alabama, 2012).
- Honor Society member and recipient of Honor’s scholarship award, Computer Engineering with high distinction, Lebanese American University (1998-2003).
Dr. Maalouf is a professional member of the Academy of International Business (AIB), Academy of Management (AoM), Strategic Management Society (SMS), and European Academy of Management (EURAM).
Perryman, A. A., Gillis, B., Maalouf, J. T. & Combs, J. G. (2013). When to Replicate or Adapt Organizational Routines: The Case of Franchising. In Academy of Management Proceedings (2013, No. 1, p. 15866). Academy of Management Annual Conference (AOM), Orlando, Florida.
Marino, L., Strandholm, K, Dickson, P., Maalouf, J. and Drnevich, P. (2011). Strategic Alliance Portfolio Flexibility and Satisfaction with Alliance Usage in Small and Medium Enterprises. Paper presented at Academy of Management Annual Conference (AOM), San Antonio, Texas.
Lorenz, M., Ramsey, J., Abi Aad, A., & Maalouf, J. (August, 2018). Self-Initiated Expatriates’ International Opportunity Recognition in an Informal Economy Context. Accepted for Presentation at Academy of Management Annual Meeting (AoM) conference, Chicago, USA (August, 2018).
Abi Aad, A., Combs, J., & Maalouf, J. (June 2018). How Do Business Managers in Emerging Markets Decide Between Formal and Informal Economy? Accepted for Presentation at European Academy of Management (EURAM) conference, Iceland (June, 2018).
Lorenz, M., Franke, G., Ramsey, J., Clampit, J., Maalouf, J., Abi Aad, A., & Barakat, L. (July, 2017). The Cultural Intelligence Scale: Level of Analysis, Aggregations, and Misspecifications. Accepted for Presentation at the Academy of International Business, Dubai, UAE (July, 2017).