Dr. Mona Mrad
Dr. Mona Mrad is an Assistant Professor of Marketing at the Lebanese American University. She holds a PhD in Marketing from the University of Manchester. She is a recipient of the Faculty of Humanities Award for Distinguished Achievement from the University of Manchester (2015). Mona also has a degree in fashion design from ESMOD. She holds several certifications in fashion business from the London College of Fashion in the UK. She is also a certified trainer in designing and delivering business training.
Dr. Mrad has been invited to talk at Manchester Business School and at the School of Materials at the University of Manchester. She has also been appointed since 2016 as a visiting researcher with the University of Manchester. She currently teaches Principles of Marketing, Consumer Behavior, Fashion Consumer Behavior, Fashion and Luxury Marketing, and Luxury Brand Management. Her research activities are centered on consumer behavior in the fashion context. Her research has been published in a number of academic and practitioner journals as well as presented in several international conferences such as Journal of Business Research, European Journal of Marketing, Journal of Brand Management, Qualitative Market Research, Technology Analysis & Strategic Management, and Customer Needs and Solutions.
- Consumer Behavior
- Marketing Research
- Fashion Marketing and Management
- Fashion Consumer Behavior
- Luxury Marketing
- Consumer Behavior
- Fashion Marketing
Articles in Refereed Journals
- Cui, C., Mrad, M., and Hogg, M. (2018). “Brand addiction: Exploring the concept and its definition through an experiential lens”, Journal of Business Research, 87, pp. 118-127.
- Messarra, L., Mrad, M., and El-Harake, N. (2009). “The linkage between professionals’ goal orientation and career anchors”, International Journal of Business Research, 9(1), pp. 50-56.
- Mrad, M. (2018). “Brand Addiction Conceptual Development”, Qualitative Market Research: An International Journal, 21(1), pp.18-38.
- Nieroda, M. E., Mrad, M., & Solomon, M. R. (2018). How do consumers think about hybrid products? Computer wearables have an identity problem. Journal of Business Research, 89, 159-170.
- Mrad, M., and Cui, C. C. (2017). “Brand addiction: conceptualization and scale development”, European Journal of Marketing, 51(11/12), pp. 1938-1960.
- Ramadan, Z., and Mrad, M., (2017). “Fashionable Stereotypes”, Customer Needs and Solutions, pp. 1-9.
- Ramadan, Z., Farah, M., and Mrad, M. (2016). “An Adapted TPB Approach to Consumers’ Acceptance of Service Delivery Drones”, Technology Analysis & Strategic Management,pp. 1-13.
- Mrad, M., Farah, M. F., and Haddad, S. (2018). “From Karl Lagerfeld to Erdem: a series of collaborations between designer luxury brands and fast-fashion brands. Journal of Brand Management, pp. 1-16.
Articles in Refereed Conferences:
- Mrad, C. and Cui, C. (2018). Consumer Pleasure or Guilt: Luxury Fashion Brand Addiction and Social Media Marketing. Proceedings of 2018 Academy of Marketing Science 21th World Marketing Congress, Porto. 27th-29rdJune, 2018.
- Cui, C. and Mrad M. (2016). Brand addiction and compulsive buying: A tale of two addictive behaviors in fashion consumption. Proceedings of 5thConsumer Brand Relationship Conference, Porto Business School, Portugal. 17th-20thMay, 2017. Available at: https://sites.google.com/site/consumerbrandrelationships2017/home
- Mrad, M., Nierodas, M., Cui, C. and Solomon, M. (2018). Product Design: A New Perspective of Luxury Wearables. To be presented during the forthcoming Fashion Marketing Consumption and Discourse (FMCd) Colloquium in association with the Academy of Marketing, Regent’s University, London, June 2018.
- Mrad, M. and Cui, C. (2019). The roles of perceived social media marketing and pleasurable buying experiences in enhancing consumer-brand relationship and willingness to pay premium prices for luxury brands: A multiple mediation model. Proceedings of 2019 AMA WINTER, Austin. 22nd-24th February, 2019. Available at: https://www.ama.org/events-training/Conferences/Documents/Winter-AMA-2019.pdf
- Mrad, M. and Cui, C. (2016). The roles of brand addiction in achieving appearance esteem and life happiness in fashion consumption. Proceedings of 2016 Academy of Marketing Science 19th World Marketing Congress, IESEG School of Management, Paris. 19th-23rdJuly, 2016. Available at:http://www.ieseg.fr/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/ams-program.pdf
- Mrad, M. and Cui, C. (2015). Brand addiction: A new concept for understanding consumer brand behavior, Proceedings of 2015 Academy of Marketing Science World Marketing Congress, University of Bari Aldo Moro, Bari, Italy. 14th-18thJuly, 2015. Available at: http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.ams-web.org/resource/resmgr/2015/WMC_Preliminary_Program_NK.pdf
- Mrad, M., Nieroda M., Cui, C. and Solomon M. (2018). How does design of luxury hybrids appeal to consumers? A study of consumers’ intentions to buy wearables, Proceedings of 2018 Global Marketing Conference at Tokyo,Tokyo, Japan, July 26th-29th, 2018. Available at: http://gammaconference.org/2018/?ckattempt=1
- Mrad, M., Nieroda M., Cui, C. and Solomon M. (2018). Product Design: A New Perspective of Luxury Wearables, Fashion Marketing Consumption Discourse Colloquium, Regents University, London,21st June 2018.
- Nieroda M., Mrad M. and Solomon M. (2017). Sporty, posh or… What type of wearables fits you? A conceptual framework for consumers’ adoption of wearable devices. Proceedings of 2015 Academy of Marketing, Coronado, San Diego, U.S.A. 25th-27thMay, 2017. Available at: http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.ams-web.org/resource/resmgr/2017_annual/2017_AMS_Program_Session_Inf.pdf
- Ramadan,Z., Mrad, M., and Farah, M.(2015). A contemporary challenge in the globalization of service technology; moving from self-Service technologies to drone-delivery interfaces, Proceedings of 2015 EAMSA, SOAS University of London, London, UK.28th-31th October 2015. Available at: https://www.soas.ac.uk/defims/events/eamsa-conference-2015/file106092.pdf
- Toth, Z., Nieroda, M., Koles, B., and Mrad, M. (2018). Exploring configurations and necessary conditions of Supplier Attractiveness, Proceedings of British Academy of Management, Bristol, U.K., 4th-6th September, 2018. Available at: https://www.bam.ac.uk/proceedings
- Solomon M., Nieroda M., Mrad M. (2017). How do people make sense of wearables? From https://www.canvas8.com/content/2017/08/31/wearables-perceptions.html?navPath=LIBRARY—LATEST
- Mrad M. and Ramadan Zahy (2018). How abayas have entered main stream fashion? From https://www.canvas8.com/content/2018/02/13/abayas.html?navPath=LIBRARY—LATEST