Ms. Amal Rouhana
Amal Rouhana is an instructor of management studies. She holds an MBA degree from Babson College in Massachusetts and a BS in Accounting and Finance from the Lebanese University. She has vast experience in consultation and executive training, offering expertise to a number of recognized corporations in the region.
- Introduction to Management
- Introduction to Marketing
- Organizational Behavior
- Communication Skills
- Retained Consultant for Projects Realizations Consultant S.A (2004 -present)
- Consultant for Arab Foundation for Arbitration Consultation and Training (2009-present)
- Managing the Internship programs at the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Lebanese University (1988-present)
- Offered seminars and workshops including marketing, communication, leadership, body language, motivation, selling skills and customer relations management; in Turkey, Iraq, Kuwait, Egypt and Lebanon.
- Facilitated a training course about communication skills” at PTC (Petroleum Training Center), for a number of supervisors working Kuwait Petroleum Corporation.
El-Kassar,A., Rouhana,A. & Lythreatis,S. (2015). The Relationship Between Cross-Cultural Training and the Satisfaction and Retention of Expatriate Employees. S.A.M Advanced Management Journal, 80(4), 4-11.
Rouhana, A. & Chams,N. (2013, October). Learning Organizations: A Placebo Effect or an Inductive Phenomenon for Organizational Commitment. Paper presented at Allied Academies International Conference , San Antonio, Texas.