Undergraduate and graduate programs
Tools, services and useful info
BS in Hospitality & Tourism Management
Location: LAU Beirut.
Duration: three years (for students admitted as sophomores).
Total Credits: 92.
The only AACSB accredited hospitality program in Lebanon
The Hospitality and Tourism industry has always been one of Lebanon’s most prominent category in the services sector. The industry has witnessed fast growth in Lebanon, the region and around the world. This would explain why the BS in Hospitality and Tourism Management degree is in demand and is an excellent basis for professional growth.
This rigorous program covers all aspects of the hospitality and tourism industry, while laying the foundations for business knowledge, and actively prepares students to be leaders in a global dynamic workplace, especially through hands-on application.
Top-quality education will be provided through the use of various educational technologies and hands-on application, while ensuring that students learn relevant materials to prepare them for leadership positions in the marketplace.
The BS in Hospitality and Tourism Management aims at preparing students to excel in all the various aspects of running hospitality and tourism businesses - hotels, restaurants, catering, food processing, travel, tourism - all without losing sight of social and ethical issues in the industry.
The graduate will:
- Have essential knowledge of hospitality, tourism and related business disciplines.
- Possess problem solving capabilities.
- Have an awareness of social and ethical issues.
- Use written and oral communication effectively.
Upon completion of the degree requirements, the graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate essential knowledge acquired in the field of hospitality, tourism management, and related disciplines.
- Demonstrate essential skills acquired through the use of hospitality technologies / software, materials, and equipment that closely simulate the workplace.
- Identify and evaluate the challenges of operating a hospitality and tourism business.
- Examine the social and ethical issues involved in a hospitality and tourism industry specific case.
- Deliver an effective oral presentation.
- Demonstrate effective written communication.
All hospitality students are required to complete 550 hours of internship, which could be completed at named local and international hospitality firms.
Upon the completion of a minimum of sixty credits (junior standing), students will participate in a training program that blends classroom learning with laboratory application. Academic credits are earned from internships as the latter help students establish ties with the industry and prepare them for their future careers.
In addition, our faculty establish connections with renowned companies in various countries across the continents, where they also place students for training.
Our national and international partners include:
- Kempinski Summerland, Beirut
- Intercontinental Phoenicia, Beirut
- Le Royal, Beirut
- Four Seasons, Beirut
- Park Hyatt, Dubai, UAE
- Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Dubai World Trade Center, UAE
The hospitality and tourism industry is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world (10% of the world’s GDP) and employing around 8% of the global workforce (UNWTO, 2015). In Lebanon, the hospitality and tourism industry currently accounts for 21.1% of Lebanon’s GDP and provides abundant employment opportunities in various types of tourism activities.
This program’s graduates are highly employable and sought-after in the job market. Upon completion, the graduate may go on to work in:
- Hotels and Resorts
- Travel Agencies
- Conference and Event Planning
- Leisure and Recreation
- Tourism Attractions
- Tourist Offices