Undergraduate and graduate programs
Tools, services and useful info
Bachelor of Science in Business
Location: LAU Beirut & Byblos.
Duration: three years (for students admitted as sophomores).
Total Credits: 92.
The BS in Business at AKSOB prepares students for the evolving world of business, equipping them with an essential knowledge enhanced by a deep insight into a selected field.
The program enables students to use the appropriate learning, technology and decision-making tools within their respective emphasis, in addition to understanding the global impact of economic conditions and cultural dimensions on the areas of emphasis.
The multi-faceted approach to business subjects, theories and trends, supported by project and case analysis work, develops a well-rounded graduate, one who is able to assess opportunities and challenges and is a sought-after candidate to employers across all industries.
The program serves as groundwork for further study in business, such as the Master of Business Administration, as well as in other fields.
According to their interests and aspirations, students pursuing this program may select the emphasis of their choice from the following list:
- Banking and Finance
- Family and Entrepreneurial Business Management
- Information Technology Management
- International Business
The BS in Business program aims to prepare the students for the dynamics of today’s global business world, ensuring their active contribution to the development of society.
The graduate will:
- Have essential knowledge of various disciplines in business.
- Possess problem-solving capabilities.
- Have an awareness of social and ethical issues.
- Be committed to civic engagement.
- Use written and oral communication effectively.
Upon completion of the degree requirements, the graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate essential knowledge acquired in the following disciplines: accounting, economics, finance, management and marketing.
- Propose a solution to a business problem using quantitative and/or qualitative reasoning.
- Examine the social and ethical issues involved in a business case.
- Demonstrate the process and benefits of being engaged in civic service.
- Deliver an effective oral presentation.
- Demonstrate effective written communication.
Job placement and demand for business is high and constant. Majoring in business allows permeability and adaptability in the market, giving a wider scope of fields and ensuring the marketability of the business graduate.
The career areas related to business are many, some of which are:
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Financial Management
- Real Estate and Construction
- Accounting, Audit and Cost Management
- Operations and Project Management
- Marketing and PR
- Market Research
- IT and Info Systems Management
- Transportation and Logistics
- Non-profit and Development