Undergraduate and graduate programs
Tools, services and useful info
Master of Business Administration
Location: LAU Beirut & Byblos.
Duration: two years (full-time).
Degree Requirements: 39 credits.
In offering the Master of Business Administration program, the Adnan Kassar School of Business draws on substantial experience in undergraduate business education to provide advanced learning for seekers of a business career, adapting its curriculum to meet the diverse needs of individuals with business and non-business backgrounds.
In order to make the program accessible to those already active in practice, a provision has been made for part-time students, with classes set at conveniently scheduled times, as we encourage students to pursue their careers in parallel with higher education. In fact, we believe hands-on experience brings an added value to the classroom environment and is conducive to real-world thinking.
What Distinguishes Us
- Intensive courses are offered at LAU New York headquarters to students looking for learning opportunities abroad. the courses are accompanied by market visits to top firms in the industry in NY.
- The MBA faculty are experts in their respective fields, which creates ample opportunity for co-publications with students who themselves go on to pursue PhDs in reputable universities.
Learning is equally hard work and passion, and it is that very zeal that has put our MBA alumni in top positions all over the world. Our program is specifically catered to suit the diverse needs and wants of our students. In addition to there being a number of graduate assistantship positions available, we have updated our electives to include more desired courses that fulfill students’ passions, but are also not found anywhere else in the region.
In support of the LAU Adnan Kassar School of Business mission, the MBA program provides students with a high-quality education that managers seek to solve complex problems in today’s global business environment. We seek to form business professionals with solid analytical, communication and leadership skills in an ethical framework.
The MBA candidate will:
- Utilize appropriate techniques to effectively solve business problems.
- Be an effective team player.
- Possess an understanding of the ethical and social dimensions of decision making process.
- Possess professional communication skills.
Upon the completion of this program, the graduate will be able to:
- Select and analyze relevant data and propose an optimal solution to a business problem.
- Demonstrate effective involvement in a team.
- Evaluate the social and ethical issues involved in a business case.
- Demonstrate effective written communication skills.
- Demonstrate effective oral communication skills.
Since 1981, LAU has prepared individuals for key roles in managerial and professional positions in business and public organizations. The MBA enhances the candidates’ strategic decision-making and leadership, as well as supports the latter’s marketability, which is also reflected by a substantial increase in salaries.
The MBA enables professionals to reach higher/managerial positions across all industries, and is also an added value for those who wish to explore entrepreneurship and be self-employed.