Undergraduate and graduate programs
Tools, services and useful info
Master of Science in Human Resources Management
Location: LAU Beirut Campus
Duration: 12 months (full-time)
Total Credits: 30.
The Master of Science in Human Resources Management (HRM) at the Lebanese American University provides graduate students with advanced knowledge in the areas of strategic HRM, human resources management functions, and human capital evaluation. In addition, the program will help students develop a thorough understanding of challenges and trends in the HRM field. Students will also learn how to make ethical decisions within the general social and legal framework. Through instructive teaching and original learning methodologies, case studies, and supervised independent research, students will develop greater HRM skills that help them promote organizational performance.
Upon completion of the MS in HRM, the graduate will have:
- Mastered advanced knowledge and concepts in the field of HRM.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Learned to apply ethical and legal issues involved in HRM cases.
- Developed effective written and oral communication skills, commensurate with the advance management status.
- Acquired advanced knowledge of the interface between HRM and other functional areas.
Transferable skills and extensive knowledge of human resources management qualify graduates to work in any field that relies on human capital.Careers in human resources management include:
- Human resources executive
- Office manager
- Occupational psychologist
- Training, talent and development manager
- Director of Industrial Relations
- Human resources IT specialist
Graduates in Human Resources Management can also fulfill the following roles:
- Business adviser
- Careers adviser
- Data scientist
- Higher education lecturer
- Life coach
- Management consultant
- Operational researcher
- Recruitment consultant
- Risk manager
- Sales executive
- Trade union research officer
- Compensation, benefits, and job analysis specialist
Although most employers will consider graduates in any discipline, the degree can enhance job prospects of graduates in business, economics, finance, psychology, HR, IT and computer science in their respective fields.
Examples of establishments in both the private and public sectors that hire graduates in human resources management:
- Healthcare facilities and hospitals
- Academic institutions
- Small businesses and large corporations
- Financial institutions
- Manufacturing companies
- Telecommunications companies
- Technical companies
- Retail industry
- Leisure industry