Dr. Abbas Tarhini
Abbas A. Tarhini is an associate professor at the Information Technology and Operations Management Department at the Lebanese American University (LAU). He received his BS and MS in Computer Science from the Lebanese American University, Lebanon and his PhD in Information Systems from University of Reims, France. Dr. Tarhini is a member of the Association for Information Systems (AIS) and an honorable member of the Beta Gamma Sigma honor society. He is the past president of the Middle East and North Africa Association for Information Systems (MENA-AIS), the AIS MENA chapter and at the President of the Lebanese Association for Information Systems (AIS Lebanon chapter) and the VP for research at the Information and Communication Technologies in Organizations and Society alliance (ICTO), France. He is on the steering committees of a number of international conferences and on the editorial board of the Journal of Innovation and Knowledge and the Journal of Computers & Industrial Engineering. His research is published in recognized journals including IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Systems, Journal of Business Research, Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Annals of Operation Research and more.
- Business Analytics for competitive Advantage
- Forensic Data Analytics
- Information System Analysis and Design
- Databases Management Systems
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Information Technology Management
- Information Security
- Internet & Web Development
- Data Mining and Analysis
- Distributed Systems
- Digital Forensics
- Artificial-Intelligence-based Digital Transformation
- Digital Transformation For Sustainable Societies
- Machine Learning
- Information Security
- Stochastic Search Algorithms
- Applications of Data Mining & Analysis
- Web-enabling Software and Security
- Software Quality
Articles in Refereed Journals:
- Tarhini, A., Harfouche, A., and De Marco, M. (2022). Artificial Intelligence-Based Digital Transformation for Sustainable Societies: The Prevailing Effect of COVID-19 Crises, Pacific Asia Journal of the Association for Information Systems, 14(2), DOI: 10.17705/1pais.14201
- Aoun Barakat, K., Dabbous, A. and Tarhini, A. (2021). An empirical approach to understanding users’ fake news identification on social media, Online Information Review, 45(6), pp. 1080-1096. https://doi.org/10.1108/OIR-08-2020-0333
- Tarhini, A., Balozain, P. and Srour, F.J. (2021). Emergency management system design for accurate data: a cognitive analytics management approach, Journal of Enterprise Information Management, 34 (2), pp. 697-717. https://doi.org/10.1108/JEIM-11-2019-0366
- Dabbous, A., and Tarhini, A. (2021). Does sharing economy promote sustainable economic development and energy efficiency? Evidence from OECD countries, Journal of Innovation & Knowledge, 6(1), pp. 58-58 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jik.2020.11.001
- El-Kassar, A., Yunis, M., Alsagheer, A., Tarhini, A. & Ishizaka, A. (2021). Effect of corporate ethics and social responsibility on OCB: the role of employee identification and perceived CSR significance, International Studies of Management & Organization, 51(3), pp.218-236, DOI: 10.1080/00208825.2021.1959880
- Tarhini, A. (corresponding), Danach, K. and Harfouche, A. (2020). Swarm intelligence-based hyper-heuristic for the vehicle routing problem with prioritized customers. Annals of Operations Research, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10479-020-03625-5
- Dabbous, A. and Tarhini, A. (corresponding) (2019). Assessing the impact of knowledge and perceived economic benefits on sustainable consumption through the sharing economy: A sociotechnical approach. Technological Forecasting and Social Change 149(1). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.techfore.2019.119775
- Chedrawi, C., Howayeck, P. and Tarhini, A. (2019). CSR and legitimacy in higher education accreditation programs, an isomorphic approach of Lebanese business schools. Quality Assurance in Education, 27 (1), pp.70-81. https://doi.org/10.1108/QAE-04-2018-0053
- Tarhini, A. (corresponding), Tarhini, J. and Tarhini A.M. (2019). Information Technology Adoption and Implementation in Higher Education: evidence from a case study in Lebanon. International Journal of Educational Management, 33(7), pp. 1466-1482, https://doi.org/10.1108/IJEM-04-2018-0144
- Tarhini, A. (corresponding), Yunis, M. and El-Kassar, A. (2018). Innovative Sustainable Methodology for managing in-house Software Development in SMEs”, Benchmarking: An International Journal, 25(3), pp. 1085-1103, https://doi.org/10.1108/BIJ-05-2017-0103
- Yunis, M., Tarhini, A. (corresponding) and El-Kassar, A. (2018). The role of ICT and innovation in enhancing organizational performance: The catalysing effect of corporate entrepreneurship. Journal of Business Research, 88, pp. 344-356, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2017.12.030
- Yunis, M., El-Kassar, A. and Tarhini, A. (2017). Impact of ICT-based innovations on organizational performance: The role of corporate entrepreneurship, Journal of Enterprise Information Management, 30(1), pp. 122-141, https://doi.org/10.1108/JEIM-01-2016-0040
- Tarhini, A. (corresponding), Yunis, M. and M. Chamseddine, (2016). Natural Optimization Algorithms for the Cross-Dock Door Assignment Problem, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 17(8), pp. 2324-2333, DOI: 10.1109/TITS.2016.2519104
Refereed Conference Proceedings and Presentations
- Ali, M., Srour, F.J., Badr, G. N., Tarhini, A. (2022). Exploring the System Dynamics of COVID-19 and Reconfiguration of Emergency Medical Services, ITM Web Conf. 41 01004 (2022), DOI: 10.1051/itmconf/20224101004
- Dabbous, A. and Tarhini, A. (2020). “Does ICT- Enabled Sharing Economy promote Sustainable Development and Energy Efficiency? Evidence from OECD Countries”, Proceedings of the Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Knowledge Academy (INEKA). June 2020, Madrid, Spain.
- Dabbous, A. and Tarhini, A. (2019). “Circulation of Fake News: An Intelligence-based Threat Analysis Model to assess the Impact on Public Safety”. In the Proceedings of the International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies in Organizations and Society (ICTO 2019). October 2019, Paris.
- Tarhini, A. Danach, K. (2019). “Artificial Intelligence Techniques for Ambulance Travel Time Prediction: A solution to the impact of coronavirus outbreak on the Emergency Medical Services”, The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (informs), October 19, Seattle, USA.
- El-Kassar, A., Yunis, M., and Tarhini, A. (2019). CSR, Corporate Ethics, and OCB: the Role of Employee-Company Identification and Perceived CSR Significance. Professional Development Workshop, April 23-24, 2019, Lebanese American University, Beirut, Lebanon.
- Tarhini, A. and Chedrawi, C. (2019). “Blockchain in the Security and Defense sector: Towards a trustworthy Supply Chain System”, Artificial intelligence in Security and Defence, March 26-29, Lebanese Armed Forces- the Research and Strategic Studies Centre (RSSC), Beirut, Lebanon
- Chehab, M., Tarhini, A., Balozian, P. and Fakih, K. (2019). “Legislation of Cyber Law and Digital Forensics in Lebanon”, Artificial intelligence in Security and Defence, March 26-29, Lebanese Armed Forces- the Research and Strategic Studies Centre (RSSC), Beirut, Lebanon
- Tarhini, A., Danach, K., Harfouche, A., (2018). “Mobile hospitals routing for prioritized patients: an intelligent variable neighborhood search approach”. In the Proceedings of the International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies in Organizations and Society (ICTO 2018). October 2018, Paris.
- Tarhini, A. and Tarhini, K., (2018). “Organizational Digital Transformation Framework: Towards a Clear Digital Vision and Value Creation”. Proceedings of the Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Knowledge Academy (INEKA). June 2018, Spain.
- Tarhini, A., F.J. Srour, Badr, N. (2017). “Emergency management system design for accurate data: A case study”. In Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Electronic Business ICEB, Dubai, UAE, https://aisel.aisnet.org/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1012&context=iceb2017
- Tarhini, A., Tarhini, J., and Tarhini, A.M. (2017). “Information Technology Adoption and Implementation in Higher Education”. International Conference on Organization and Management (ICOM), Abu Dhabi, UAE, November 19-20, 2017.