Dr. Mira Thoumy
Associate ProfessorDr. Mira Thoumy is an Associate Professor of Management at the Lebanese American University. She earned a Ph.D. in Operations Management from HEC Montreal, a M.Eng in Project Management and B.Eng in Industrial Engineering from Ecole Polytechnique of Montreal.
She has more than 10 years of academic experience where she taught courses in strategy, operations, and project management in top local and international universities. She has also more than 15 year of consulting experience in various sectors such as manufacturing, healthcare, public administration and NGO.
Dr. Thoumy is certified PMP (Project Management Professional) and certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt. Her fields of research include project management, operations management and health care management.
- Project Management
- Strategic Management
- Strategic Planning
- Operations Management
- Project Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Lean Kata Approaches
- Quality Management
- Healthcare Management
- Thoumy, M., Jobin, M.-H., Baroud, J. and El Nakhel Khalil, C. (2022), “Impact of lean principles on operational performance in high uncertainty”, International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJPPM-10-2021-0614
- Thoumy, M., Harb, A. and El Hajj, C. (2022). A strategic assessment of the twenty-tens barriers preventing the optimal implementation of lean management in the Lebanese construction industry. International Journal of Productivity and Quality Management, 37(3), 323-343.
- Thoumy, M., Beyrouthy, G. and Souaid, C. (2021). Project Success in International Development Projects: The Case of Lebanon. International Journal of Services and Operations Management. 40(2), 143-169.
- Hazzouri, M. & Thoumy, M. (2020). Internal Stakeholders’ Perspective on Lean Energy and Environmental Sustainability: The Case of Notre Dame University – Louaize. World Review of Entrepreneurship, Management and Sustainable Development. 16(5), 492-518.
- Thoumy, M. & Jobin, M-H. (2020). Interactions Dynamics between the Performance Management System and the Quality Management System. International Journal of Productivity and Quality Management. 31(3), 412-433.
- Saleh, T., Thoumy M. (2020). The Impact of ERP Systems on Organizational Performance in Lebanese Wholesale Engineering Companies. International Journal of Services and Operations Management. 37(4), 509-529.
- Saade, R., Thoumy, M., & Sakr, O. (2019). Green Supply Chain Management Adoption in Lebanese Manufacturing Industries: An Exploratory Study. International Journal of Logistics Systems and Management, 32(3-4), 520-547.
- Al-Kareh, T., & Thoumy, M. (2018). The Impact of Health Information Digitization on the Physiotherapist-Patient Relationship. International Journal of Healthcare Information Systems and Informatics, 13(2), 29-53.
- Thoumy M., & Sakr, O. (2018). Lebanon Mountain Trail Association: Aiming for Sustainability. Ivey ID: 9B18M044. London, Canada: Ivey Publishing.
- Thoumy, M., & Abdallah, E. (2017). Switching costs impact on customer retention in telecommunication: An exploratory study in Lebanon. Competition and Regulation in Network Industries, 18(3-4), 198-216.
- Thoumy, M., & Moubarak, J. (2017). Project Manager Assignment and Its Impact on Multiple Project Management Effectiveness: An Empirical Study of IT Projects in the Lebanese Commercial Banks. International Journal of Information Technology Project Management, 8(4), 46-65.
- Thoumy, M., & Vachon, S. (2012). Environmental Projects and Financial Performance: Exploring the Impact of Project Characteristics. International Journal of Production Economics, 140(1), 28-34.
CNRS-L Grant, (2018). A comparative Study on CSR Practices in rural and Urban Areas. Principal Investigator: Mira Thoumy, Co-Investigators: Jennifer Abou Hamad, Omar Sakr, Alexandre Wong.