Dr. Josiane Fahed-Sreih
Josiane Fahed-Sreih is an associate professor of management at the Lebanese American University. She holds a PhD in Business from the Pantheon Sorbonne School of Business, Sorbonne University, Paris. She has a combined background with a BSc in Business Administration from AUB and an MSc in Information Systems from St. Joseph University. Her research has predominantly centered around entrepreneurial development and success, particularly among small family businesses in Lebanon, in addition to exploring other topics such as wage discrimination and human resource planning.
- Management Theory
- Corporate Governance
- Human Resource Development
- Organizational Behavior
- Family Business Management
- Strategic Management and Policy Formation
- Corporate Governance Mechanisms
- Entrepreneurial Development
- Success/Challenges facing Family Businesses
- Human Resource Planning and Employee Development
- Succession Planning
Offered numerous seminars and workshops in areas such as Family Business Management, Corporate Governance, Human Resource Management, Managing Conflict and Negotiation and Creating New Business Ventures.
- Consultant of a number of managerial projects, family business management, proper board functioning and corporate governance in Lebanon and the Middle East.
- Helped companies establish their family constitutions and develop family meetings and family retreats.
- Worked with a number of family businesses on issues including generational transitions, family dividends policies, family conflict of interest policies and much more.
- Educated younger generations of family businesses in the management of family councils, family meetings and family retreats, and management transfers by the family.
- Created functional Boards of Directors.
- Created full-fledged family governance programs.
- Currently sits on four boards of directors, three as a shareholder and one as an independent advisor.
- Currently Chair of the Board- Retail Business- Lebanon
- Sits on Boards of Community Service Organizations.
- Consulted for Ernst & Young on Family Business Management.
Articles in Refereed Journals:
Sreih, J. & Djoundourian, S. (2008). Correlates of Longevity: A Regression Model. Journal of Business and Entrepreneurship, 20(1), 61-71 (ISSN:1042-6337)
Sreih, J. & Djoundourian, S. (2006). Determinants of Longevity and Success in Lebanese Family Businesses: An Exploratory Study. Family Business Review,19(3), 225-234.
Sreih, J. (2005). Challenges facing Family Businesses in the Middle East. Business Journal for Entrepreneurs, 2005(1), 111- 130.
Sreih, J. (2004). Boards of Directors: A Holistic Approach to Effective Governance. Ethics & Critical Thinking Journal, 2004(2), 80-102.
Sreih, J. (2004). Family Business Cases and their Contribution to the Lebanese Economy. Business Journal for Entrepreneurs, 2004(1), pp 1-16.